Los Angeles County on Sunday reported its second highest number of cases in one day, with 2,542 new cases, as hospitalizations continued to rise again.
- Calls for Santa Clarita councilman to resign, Serra statue covered in tarps and chains mark 5th weekend of protests – Daily News
- LA-area doctors get ‘wake-up call’ on the frontline of surging coronavirus – Daily News
- Shopper at new NoHo Trader Joe’s refuses to wear mask, and confrontation goes viral – Daily News
- Beyond coronavirus, what’s causing nearly 10% spike in deaths in LA County? – Daily News
- LA County to launch pilot program for homeless people with severe mental illness – Daily News
- Most Valley fireworks canceled, but two unusual shows are still on – Daily News
- As coronavirus cases surge, Gov. Newsom orders bars to close in Los Angeles and 6 other counties – Daily News
- Santa Susana Field Lab could become cultural site; some fear that will impede toxic cleanup – Daily News
- Longstanding Sherman Oaks newsstand re-opens with new business model but not much news – Daily News
- Photos: Trader Joe’s opens new store in North Hollywood – Daily News
- L.A. County heeds state order to shut down bars as county reports hospitalizations, cases on the rise – Daily News
The center, which couldn't hold its annual Seal Day open house in person this year because of the coronavirus, would not let the pandemic keep it from celebrating its achievement -- so the San Pedro facility instead hosted a live-streamed version on Saturday, June 27.
The shooting was reported at 10:48 p.m. Sunday in the 15900 block of Atkinson Avenue.
People on six continents already are getting jabs in the arm as the race for a COVID-19 vaccine enters a defining summer.